EXTERIOR COLOR : Available in Flat-Black, Titanium and Flat-Red
Make : Cafe Racer
Engine : 250 cc / Oil Cooler /6 speed
RUSI motorcycles look forward to improve quality in Philippines. RUSI motorcycles is a relatively new brand in the Filipino motorcycle circuit. It stands for Ramas Uypitching and Sons Inc. … In fact, it has been accounted that lower middle class people use a motorcycle which belongs to a native company in Philippines.
- Matipid sa gas.
- Lots of power sa flat straight road (1st – 4th gear)
- Cruising speed 70-80kph, minimal to zero vibrations.
- Top speed on flat surface (Asphalt : 117kph 7,000rpm / Concrete: 126kph 8,500rpm)
- No overheating.
- Good transmission.
- Good breaking for emergency situations.
- ENGINE – On long uphill roads like yung malapit na sa tagaytay, in 4th gear, you will notice powerloss pag nag bitaw ka ng kahit konti sa throttle, you need to downshift to 3rd again till you hit 7k rpm before you can upshift to 4th.
- TIRES – Maganda tignan, pero for me, the best sha for dry, even, concrete surfaces. Kapag asphalt na at un-even ang kalsada, may tendency mag wobble kahit cruising speed.
Downhill cornering is also affected ng tires, you lose confidence dahil nagiging unstable.
- BRAKES – Sa downhill going to Talisay, mabilis mag init ang front discs, kaya importante ang alternate braking while on 2nd gear.
- LIGHTING – Sa mga kalsada ng asphalt at walang street light at linya, mahirap kahit naka High beam. These are based on my own observations from my experience. It May or MAY NOT be the same with your bike. Wag po natin gawing basehan itong post ko.
Overall: Happy ako sakanya, atleast now, alam ko na ang kakulangan nya para sa pangangailangan ko. Looking forward to my next project. 😉
- Upgrade your headlights / bulb.
- Better tires (Michellin or Pirelli) for those whole like spirited driving.
- Tune suspension to your riding habit.
Problems encountered with solutions:
REAR BRAKE PADS WORE OUT COMPLETELY AT 2,700KMS
FIX: (replaced with TTGR racing pads versus Bendix)
- Some prefer Bendix just for the sake of the brand, TTGR (iso certified) is Manufactured in Taiwan, Bendix (iso certified) is Manufactured in Thailand. Upon closer inspection of the two, you can immediately see the difference. Bendix requires a bit of grinding or retrofitting to make it fit some calipers, unlike TTGR which immediately bolts on, but I’ll leave that up to you to decide.
FIX: Change the bulbs to Philips Night Eye fanless LED 28watts 4,000 lumens
I WANT MORE POWER GOING UPHILL!
FIX: Upgrade the Intake to Keihin 30mm round slide carb, custom shortened manifold
Stock configuration – 27-33kms / liter ; Tuned Jet Settings 23-25kms / liter
Findings: MORE Mid-range torque, and snappier revs, fast acceleration
MY CHAIN KEEPS SLACKING EVERY 2 DAYS!
FIX: Upgraded Chain to Racing Hero Self Tightening Gold Chain (125links)
I NEED MORE SPEED FOR CRUISING
Sprocket: Choho Thailand 15/44T
Top Speed: NVM, since I do not posses any footage to prove this claim.
*not recommended for city driving*
I NEED A MORE BALANCED GEARING FOR UPHILL AND CITY DRIVING
FIX: 14/44 Sprocket combi
I NEED MORE GRIP ON THE ROAD, AND OCCASIONALLY HANDLE SOME GRAVEL AND SOIL
FIX: Tires: Swallow Street Enduro 140/70 front and rear
MY BACK HURTS AFTER RIDING LONG!
FIX: Changed Handle Bar to 28mm aircraft alloy fatbar, midrise with 14mm alloy bolts
FIX 2: SOFTEN THE SUSPENSION: Our stock suspension is adjustable, fyi. By releasing air out of the canister, if you’re still not satisfied (like me), invert the shocks to reverse the bound and rebound values of the spring and shock, hence giving you a better shock and bump absorbing ride while maintaining good stability and handling.
I NEED TO GET ATTENTION TO PEDESTRIANS AND OTHER DRIVERS, BUT WHEN I HONK MY HORN, IT SOUNDS STUPIDLY WEIRD, THEY END UP NOT DOING ANYTHING
FIX: Change Horn to MOCC Dual tone (horn type)
DISCLAIMER: THIS IS AN UNOFFICIAL RECOMENDATION BASED ON MY OWN PREFERENCE AND LIKING, IT MAY OR MAY NOT FIT YOURS, THIS POST IS MEANT TO INFORM, NOT INFLUENCE NOR CHALLENGE ANY OTHER POST RELATED TO IT
For inquiries or visit RUSI Branches/Outlets near you,.